Völkerschlacht bei Leipzig 1813
After the devastating defeat in the Russian campaign in 1812, Napoleon withdrew with his army to Dresden in 1813, where he was pushed back to Leipzig by the great powers of Prussia, Austria, Russia and Sweden.
Napoléon Bonaparte set up his camp in Reudnitz, a district of Leipzig in the country house of the banker Vetter.
After the first contact with the enemy on 14 October, a cavalry battle near Liebertwolkwitz, which ended with much luck in favor of the Allies, Napoleon now seeks the decisive battle. With the guards and eight corps, he has 210,000 men at his disposal, including 14,000 horsemen and 700 guns.